The Gita is one of the profoundest books of Indian spirituality. It is special in its structure of thought and its language. It does not seek to confine itself to any one school or religious view but in fact, “there is a wide, undulating, encircling movement of ideas which is the manifestation of a vast synthetic mind and a rich synthetic experience… It does not cleave asunder, but reconciles and unifies.”
Studying, understanding or simply listening to the Gitaforms a part of life for millions of people not just in India but the world over. Many commentaries have been written, giving diverse interpretations of the Gita. In Sri Aurobindo’s phenomenal work titled ‘Essays on the Gita’, we enter the spirit of the Gita and look at the truth with a deep insight.
The multimedia CD contains a variety of material, presented in a manner which is easily accessible:
- The entire 700 verses of the Gita in Devanagari with a Roman transliteration, followed by an English translation.
- ANVAYA or the prose order of the Sanskrit words and word by word meaning.
- Traditional chanting of each verse
- Extensively linked indexes.
- Hundreds of beautiful visuals to create a mood and atmosphere
- An indepth and immediate access to Sri Aurobindo’s “Essays on the Gita” linked with each verse.
A CD meant not just for spiritual seekers, philosophers, researchers, but for people of all age groups, nations, beliefs, who want to know what the Gita has to say and wish to understand its true spiritual essence.